Here are a few noteworthy posts I’ve seen in the math blogosphere recently:
- A post at Wild About Math regarding magic squares and Martin Gardner.
- Dave Richeson blogs about transcendental numbersand algebraic numbers of the form trigfunction(πθ) . (Seems like this would apply the hyperbolic trig functions too, right?). Dave also shares this festive mathematical pumpkin π. Happy Thanksgiving/Halloween!
- Denise at Let’s Play Math asks us to solve some chess puzzles.
- Dave at Math Notations gives us a recursive sequence to think about.
- There are two new problems at Math Challenges, here and here.